標籤

2013年3月15日 星期五

羅夏日記


罗夏日记,1986年10月12日
1:Rorschach's journal,October 12th,1985.Dog carcass in alley this morning,Tire tread on burst stomach.
   (罗夏日记,1985年10月12日。早上小巷里出现狗的尸体,被轮胎碾过。)
2:This city'safraid of me.I've seen it's true face.
    (这个城市害怕我,我见过它的真实面孔。)

3:The streets are extended gutters ...and the gutters are full of blood.And when the drains finally scab over...all the vermin
     will drown.The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder...will foam up around their waists...and all the whores and
     politicians will look up and shout,"Save us."   And I'll whisper,"No."
     (街道只是另一种排水沟,而排水沟里流的是血,当排水沟最终毁掉的时候,所有的歹人都会淹死。他们的性和谋杀积累起来的罪行…会把他们淹没,所有的娼妓和政客会大喊,“救命”   我会轻轻地说,“不”)
4:Now the whole world stands on the brink...staring down into bloody hell.All those liberals and intellectuals...and smooth
    talkers...and all of a sudden,nobody can think of anything to say.
   (现在整个世界正站在悬崖边上…看着悬崖下的末日。所有的自由主义者,知识分子…和能说会道的政客,都突然不知道该说什么。)
5:Beneath me ,this awful city.It screams like an abattoir full of retarded children...and the night reeks of fornication and bad
    consciences.
    (我下面的城市,就像充满尖叫的智障儿童的屠宰场…在夜晚到处都是奸情与罪恶。)
6:Tonight,a comedian died in New Yorl.Somebody knows why.
    (今晚,喜剧演员(守望者之一)死于纽约。有人知道为什么。)
7:Fine like this.
    (这样就很好。)
8:Attack on one is attack on all of us.
    (袭击一个人,就是袭击我们所有人。)
9:When you walk down the street in a city dying of rabies...past the human cockroaches...talking about their heroin and
    child pornography...do you really feel normal?
    (当你走在死于狂犬病的城市街道上…经过流氓无赖的身边…听他们谈论海洛因和幼女色情…你真觉得正常么?)
10:No.You're hiding in plain sight.
   (不,你是藏在显眼的地方。)
11:Rorschach's journal:First visit of evening fruitless.Feel slightly depressed.Soon there will be war.Millions will perish in
      sickness and misery.Why does one death matter anainst so many?Because there is good and evil,and evil must be
      punished.Even in the face of armageddon...I will not compromise in this.
     (罗夏日记:第一次拜访徒劳无功。感觉有些压抑。很快就会有战争。数百万人将会死于疾病和痛苦。为什么其中一
    个人的死就这么重要?因为存在正义与邪恶,而邪恶必须被惩罚。即使世界末日就要到来。我也不会容忍这种事。)
12:Justice matters.
      (重要的是正义。)
13:Rorschach's journal.October 16th.Thought about Moloch's story.Could all be lies.A revenge scheme planned during his
       years behind bars.But if it's true...what could have possibly scared the Comedian...enough to cry in front of Moloch?
       What was it he saw?And that list he mentioned.    Edward Blake.The Comedian.Born 1918.Buried in the rain.Murdered.
       Is that what happens to us?No time for friends?Only our enemies leave roses.Violent lives ending violently.Blake
      understood.Humans are savage in nature.No matter how much you try to dress it up...to disguise it ...Blake saw society's
      true face.Chose to be a parody of it .A   joke.
     (罗夏日记:10月16号。我想到了摩洛的故事。可能是谎话连篇。他蹲打牢的时候就已经开始计划复仇了。不过如果是真的。什么能让喜剧演员吓的在摩洛面前哭?他到底看见了什么。还有他提到的那个名单。爱德华.布莱克。喜剧演员。1918年出生。葬身于雨中。被谋杀。这就是我们身上发生的事情?没有时间就朋友?只有敌人才会留下玫瑰。
      残忍的人被残忍地杀害。布莱克对此很明了,人性本恶。不管如何掩饰…如何伪装…布莱克看到了社会的真实面目。
      选择去模仿,做个小丑。)
14:I heard joke once.Man goes to doctor,says he's depressed.Life seems harsh and cruel.Says he feels all alone in
threatening world.Doctor says treatment is simple."The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him.That should pick
      you up."Man bursts into tears."But doctor,"he says."I am Pagliacci."Good joke.Everybody laugh.Roll on snare drum.
      Curtain.
     (我以前也听过一个笑话。一个人去看医生,说他得了抑郁症。生活仿佛是如此的尖酸刻薄。他觉得在这社会中,他是如此的孤独。医生说:“治疗办法很简单。最有名的小丑正在城里,去找他吧。他能让你开心起来。”他哭了起来。“可是,医生,”他说“我就是那个小丑啊!”不错的笑话。大家都笑了。鼓点响起。大幕落下。
15:Never,never surrender.
      (永远不要投降。)
16:When you are.
     (随时奉陪。)
17:A preyyt butterfly.Some nice flowers.Clouds
       (漂亮的蝴蝶。漂亮的花儿们。云彩。)
18:You keep calling me Walter.I don't like you.
      (你一个劲地叫我沃特,我不喜欢你。)
19:Wealthy.Liberal sensibilities.What you call compassion.Wanting to protect and understand the guilty.This rotting society,
      what is calls rehabilitation.Nothing short of compromise....There are other men in here with behavior more exterme than
      mine,docror.Of course,they're not famous,are they?You wanna know about Rorschach?I'll tell you about Rorschach.
      (有钱人,对自由敏感,你称之为同情。想保护和理解犯人。这个腐烂的社会,所谓的改造。简直可以说是妥协。 ……这里有其他比我行为更极端的人,医生。当然,他们不出名,不是么?你想了解罗夏?我来跟你说说罗夏的事。)
20:Once a man has seen society's black underbelly...he can never turn his back on it.Never pretend ,like you do...that it
      doesn't exist,no matter who orders him to look the other way.We don't do this thing...because it's permitted.We do it
      because we have to.We do it because we're compelled.
      (当一个人看见了社会的阴暗面,决不会置之不理。决不会像你一样,假装并不存在,不管谁命令他换一种方式看。我们这么做不是因为得到允许。而是因为我们必须做。因为我们是被迫的。)
21:I was investigating a kidnapcase.Blaire Roche.Six-year-old girl.I was young then.Too soft on criminals.I let them live.
       Broke a man's arm to get a tip.Led me to the missing girl's location.I knew the girl was here...but   when i searched the
       place,I saw nothing.And then I found her.It was dark when the murderer got back.As gark as it gets.
      (我正在调查一项绑架案。布莱尔洛奇。6岁的女孩。我那时很年轻,对罪犯过于手软。我让他们活命了。折了一个人的手,才得到的线索,我找到了失踪女孩的地点。我知道那个女孩在那里。不过搜了一圈,什么也没找到。然后我就发现她了。杀人犯回来的时候,天已经黑了,如同他的阴暗一样)
22:Men get arrested.Dogs get put down.
      (人都是要被逮住。狗也免不了一死。)
23:Tremors of impact shook my arm.Warm blood splashed my face.Whatever was left of Walter Kovacs died that night with
       that little girl.From then on ,there was only Rorschach.
      (我的手被震的直颤。温暖的血液见到我脸上。过去的沃特已经随着那个女孩的死而消失了。从那时起,就只有罗夏了。)
24:See,doctor,God didn't kill that little girl.Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs.If God saw what
       any of us did that night,he didn't seem to mind.From then on ,I knew:God doesn't make the world this way.We do.
      (看,医生,不是神要了那个女孩的命。不是命运不让她活,也不是宿命让她葬身为狗食。如果上帝看见那天晚上的事,看来他也不介意。从那时起,我开始明白:不是上帝让世界变成这样。是我们。)
25:None of you seem to understand.I'm not locked in here with you.You're locked in here with me.
      (你们都不明白,我们关在一起不是我的不幸。是你们的不幸。)
26:Tall order.
       (做梦吧。)
27:One-nothing .Come and get me .
       (1比0,进来杀我啊)
28:Never disposed of sewage with a toilet before.Obvious,really.
      (永远不要踩到厕所的污水,多明显的事。)
29:Two-nothing.Your move
      (2比0,该你出招了。)
30:Your turn,doctor.Tell me ,what do you see?
       (该你了,医生。告诉我,你看见了什么?)
31:Excuse me .Have to visit men's room.
     (抱歉,去趟厕所)
32:Whether I'm alive or dead upon this reading...I hope the world survives long enough for this journal to reach you.
      (不管看到日记的时候我是死是活…我希望世界能幸存到你们看到日记的这一天。)
33: I live my life free of compromise...and step into the shadow without complaint or regret.Rorschach,November 1st.
      (我一声从不妥协…我涉足黑暗,无怨无悔。罗夏,11月1日。)
34:We were meant to exact justice.Everyone's gonna know what you've done.
      (我们需要正义,人人都将知道你干了什么好事。)
35:Keep your own secrets.
      (自己保守好秘密。)
36:Never compromise.Not even in the face of armageddon.That's always been the difference between us ,Daniel.
      (永不妥协。即使是面临世界末日。这是我们俩的区别,丹尼尔)
37:Out of my way .People have to be told.
      (让开,人们应该知道真相。)
38:Suddenly you discover humanity?Convenient.
      (你突然间发现了人性?真是时候。)
39:If you'd cared from the start,none of this would have happened.Of course you must protect Veidt's new utopia.What's one
      more body amongst foundations?Well what are you waiting for?....Do it......Do it !!!(Shout)
      (如果你一开始就关心的话,这一切就都不会发生了。当然了,你必须得保护维特的新乌托邦。为了这个根基,多死一
       个人又怎样?好了,你还等什么?…动手吧!……动手啊!)

沒有留言:

張貼留言